Monday, May 19, 2008

Long overdue update.....

I can't believe it has been 2 and 1/2 months since I posted anything new here! The girls are growing like weeds. They are ten months old, Hannah has two teeth and Elliot is crawling. Time flies. Lately I get these sentimental moments when something funny happens about how I will remember everything about their infancy. I am sure every parent goes through this. They are little for such a short time and it is so darn cool. I will always enjoy raising them and will probably always feel that I can't remember enough, but this time of their lives seems so special. As they outgrow things and I pack them away it already seems like the earliest months are fading from my memory. How small they were and felt to pick up, how I could scoop them both up and sit in the rocking chair with them all afternoon, even all the awful months of pumping morning, noon, and night to have enough breast milk to feed them seems like a distant dream now. It doesn't seem like it has been all in the same year.

Anyhoo, Spring has finally arrived in Seattle. We had record temps this past weekend and enjoyed plenty of time outside. However, hot sticky babies are not something I'm looking forward too all summer. Luckily our neighborhood park has one of those large community wading pools - very popular with the kiddies. I think we will be regulars.

Let's see, what else is new. I resigned my job for the coming school year. I am enjoying being home with the girls and childcare for two infants wouldn't leave much of my salary left over - not enough to justify someone else getting to enjoy them anyway. Greg is doing well, though wishing he had more time to exercise. He is set on the Portland marathon in October.

The scrapbook pages below are the most recent pictures from April. I haven't taken any May pictures off the camera yet. I have also put quite a few new videos on Youtube. I have sort of become a freak about getting video - I think this goes along with my panic about forgetting stuff. Enjoy!

Click to play April 2008
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

No comments: